Letter to Hannah on her 6th Birthday
Dear Hannah,
You had a big year as a Kindergarten student at John Strange. What I remember the most about you on your 6th birthday is your never-ending imagination, your ability to share stories, your humor and assuredness, your empathy, and your desire to do well at everything you try!
Imagination
This was the year that you said you wanted to be an artist because the world is not as beautiful when it is black and white. Your wisdom is well beyond your years. You also threw a party where you planned every detail--from the sock puppet show to the piƱata. I loved seeing all of the art you would bring home as well as all of the stories you would write. I hope that you always find a way to be creative as you get older.
Storytelling and singing
I get all of my information about what is happening at school, with Moira, with your friends, with our family--all of it comes from you, Hannah! I love how you remember the details and share them with such animation and humor. And you do it with such confidence. You also love to sing and dance. I will not soon forget you belting out Moana tunes when you received your karaoke microphone on your 6th birthday!
Kindness
You are such a good friend, sister, and cousin, Hannah. I can think of so many moments when you reach out to your sister or friend, or even to me to pat my back when you can tell I am stressed. You watch the world with those big blue eyes and take in all that is happening around you. And you clearly want to make sure the people you love know how much you love them.
Hannah, I feel so fortunate to be your mother, and I cannot wait to watch you grow and continue to be a light to everyone you meet in this world!
I love you,
Mom
You had a big year as a Kindergarten student at John Strange. What I remember the most about you on your 6th birthday is your never-ending imagination, your ability to share stories, your humor and assuredness, your empathy, and your desire to do well at everything you try!
Imagination
This was the year that you said you wanted to be an artist because the world is not as beautiful when it is black and white. Your wisdom is well beyond your years. You also threw a party where you planned every detail--from the sock puppet show to the piƱata. I loved seeing all of the art you would bring home as well as all of the stories you would write. I hope that you always find a way to be creative as you get older.
Storytelling and singing
I get all of my information about what is happening at school, with Moira, with your friends, with our family--all of it comes from you, Hannah! I love how you remember the details and share them with such animation and humor. And you do it with such confidence. You also love to sing and dance. I will not soon forget you belting out Moana tunes when you received your karaoke microphone on your 6th birthday!
Kindness
You are such a good friend, sister, and cousin, Hannah. I can think of so many moments when you reach out to your sister or friend, or even to me to pat my back when you can tell I am stressed. You watch the world with those big blue eyes and take in all that is happening around you. And you clearly want to make sure the people you love know how much you love them.
Hannah, I feel so fortunate to be your mother, and I cannot wait to watch you grow and continue to be a light to everyone you meet in this world!
I love you,
Mom

Comments