Time flies!

It's hard to believe Moira is already 5 weeks old (today)! Here's a quick recap:

October 14th, 9:32am, Moira Joan Mackintosh came into the world. She was a healthy 7 lb, 14 oz, and 20.5 inches long. My labor was fast, but delivery was slower than I would have liked. On the whole, neither Moira nor I can complain.

October 16th, we came home. I discovered after a couple of sleepless nights that Moira would only sleep for about 15 minutes in her bassinet. She preferred sleeping on someone or sleeping in her little swing.

The first few weeks went by in a complete blur. We were all trying to get used to a new kind of normal. Moira and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out her preferences for eating and sleeping. Alan spent a lot of time trying to help his girls get as comfy as possible.

We've had fun discovering the little things about Moira. She has dimples and so much dark hair. She has the cutest high-pitched hiccups. She loves it when her Dad holds her and paces with her in the wee hours of the morning. She likes looking at all the bright colors in her nursery. She recognizes our voices. She makes funny faces in her sleep. She is already so strong in her neck and shoulders. She smiles and even laughs sometimes. The list goes on and on.

As my mother-in-law says, she is a dear little soul. I'll send another update soon!

Comments

Oh my goodness - did she do a little wave good bye at the end of that video??? The kid's brilliant! This is awesome, Marie... thanks for putting the effort into it. Definitely helps those of us who are far away to share your joy!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love