To Hannah, With Love


Hannah,

You, my darling baby girl, are growing up entirely too fast. By the time you were one, here’s what you were up to:

On the Move
Well, truth be told, you haven’t been that interested in moving.  You’re quite content to reach both arms in the air and look imploringly at mama or dada to pick you up. By the time you were 5 months, you rolled over, and by the time you were 10 months, you finally decided to crawl. Since then, you’ve become a very quick little girl on your knees, and you’re just starting to consider standing up and walking on your own. One of the cutest things you do is crawl while holding onto a baby stroller—it is quite a feat! I predict you’ll be about 16 months old before you walk, and that is fine with me.




What did you say?
Hannah, you are a talker. At a year old you have a few words in your vocabulary. They include the traditional words like “mama” and “dada.” Your very first word, however, was “Mo-ra” in honor of your big sister, which just warms my heart. But the most hilarious first words I have ever heard came out of your mouth not long after your first birthday. When I heard them the first time, I did a doubletake because I thought I was imagining things. I shouldn’t have underestimated your sister’s influence on you. Essentially, one morning I was changing your diaper, and you didn’t want to be changed. You were quite upset, and instead of just crying, you shouted out “go away, go away, go away, go away.” These are the same words that Moira uses when she’s upset, so you definitely were very clever to pick up not just on the words themselves, but also the context in which they should be used. Very impressive (and so funny).


Your size
So, at a year old, some say you’re a big girl with a big head (to the point where you get confused for being a boy), and others say you’re so cute and dainty and petite. One thing is for sure—you like to eat! You love eating bananas, cheerios, goldfish, and pretty much anything off of mom or dad’s plate. You are not as interested in being spoonfed at this point—unless you’re the one using the spoon! 

Here are your stats at 1 year:

Weight: 21 lb, 15 oz.
Height: 28.5 inches
Head: 18.75 inches



How much I love you
You are such a sweet, easygoing baby. The smiles you give, the way you lay your head on my shoulder when you’re tired, and your laugh—all of the quiet moments we share truly light up my life. And I haven’t even mentioned that you have a few tricks which include: How big is Hannah—soooo big! And you’ve learned to blow kisses. Hannah, you amaze me with your ability to learn. You love to read, “talk” on the phone, ride your giraffe, play with blocks, brush your hair and mama’s hair, put on necklaces, walk with mom or dad’s help, dance, play in the water (you love the water), and so much more. You truly amaze me every day my darling, and I am honored to be your mother. I love you!




Comments

Unknown said…
Awwww.... SO SWEET! Made me a little teary, actually.
Becky said…
I double what Dana said! That was so sweet! Both of the girls are adorable! You and Alan have such a great family!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

Time flies!