One of my favorite things to do with Moira or Hannah during the school year is to go on field trips with them. Luckily, when Hannah was in kindergarten, there were many opportunities that called for chaperones, and I was excited to join her at the Children's Museum with her friends Ava and Ivory. The Doc McStuffins exhibit was a big hit, complete with learning about caring for pets and dancing with one another. I also loved the new international space station exhibit as it allowed the children to explore what it would be like to be an astronaut. The girls had a great day exploring the treasures of the earth, Dinosphere (Hannah's favorite at the time), and Take Me There: China.
 |
| Fun with Doc McStuffins |
 |
| International space station exhibit |
 |
| On top of the world! |
 |
| Digging for Xian Warriors in the Treasures of the Earth exhibit |
 |
| Old-fashioned phone and train station |
 |
| Real dinosaur bones and paleontologist |
 |
| Learning to write calligraphy at the Take Me There: China exhibit |
 |
| We have so much fun together! |
Moira and Hannah had the great fortune in November to attend a magic show birthday party for their neighbor Lillian as well as a gymnastics party for their old friend, Claire. Hannah also made the trip to Richmond to visit Uncle Mike, and she even read to him while she was there. It was important for dad and our family to see him as Uncle Mike had been ill, but he was in great spirits that day. And last but certainly not least, Moira made her first Reconciliation.
The weather in November 2016 was beautiful, and one Sunday afternoon while at Grandma and Grandpa's, Hannah helped Grandpa with raking up a large pile of leaves and then jumping in them with her sister. She had great fun!
Before we knew it, Thanksgiving was happening, as was Dad's birthday. We celebrated with our immediate family this year, and the girls especially liked taking their Grandpa to see
A Christmas Carol at the Indiana Repertory Theater. To be fair, I enjoyed it as well. We had a lovely evening at the theater and then celebrated at Buca Di Beppos before taking quick spin around the Circle to see the Circle of Lights. It's the kind of evening I love in Indy--surrounded by the people I love as well. I think Dad had a good time on his 71st birthday, which I will count as a success as well.
Comments