Goodbye old job, hello new job!

Working for the Indiana Department of Workforce Development for 6.5 years was quite an adventure, and I ended my time at DWD shortly after an adventure of my own to Salt Lake City to develop a statewide work-and-learn strategy for young people ages 18-29 with other state teams funded through the National Governors Association. And then when I returned to Indiana, I worked closely with my colleagues Gina Ashley and Amy Marsh to pull off a state board meeting about work-and-learn near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway so board members could see some of the STEM-related events happening with Purdue, Conexus, and other key partners.





Less than a month later, I found myself switching roles and accepting a position as Chief Operating Officer at EmployIndy, the Indianapolis workforce development board. It's a quasi-governmental non-profit agency, about a $20M operation, and I was really excited to take on the challenge of leading a team along with the incoming President and CEO, Angie Carr Klitzsch.

Flowers from our board chair, Joyce Irwin

Angie at the Press Conference talking about our priorities

Mayor Hogsett announcing our appointments

We were able to participate in a wonderful meeting held in Indy--the US Conference of Mayors host a group called the Workforce Development Council. And there were all kinds of evening events  showing off my hometown. The only one I was able to attend was the one at the Speedway because my girls from high school came in for our 20th high school reunion the same weekend. But the event at the Speedway was so much fun! Truly unforgettable.

At the US Conference of Mayors meeting

Event at the Indianapolis motor Speedway


Deputy Mayor Angela Smith Jones and I, with the city in the background

100th running!

Driving around the track with Gaby Chavez, an IndyCar driver

In the Winners Circle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!