The babies are coming!

After Christmas, we had fun meeting up with different friends and their families. The week between Christmas and the New Year is always a busy time for our family because so many people tend to come home for Christmas, and it is always nice to catch up. 

Stella and Maxwell, Moira and Hannah, Ruby and Ray


Hannah and Prov
And this year was especially exciting because we thought that Kate might have her babies on mom's birthday! She went into the hospital after her water broke on the morning of December 30th. The day was pretty slow moving, and I am happy for her that her epidural worked really well and allowed her to get some sleep.

At the hospital

Sisters!

The babies are coming!

Celebrating Grandma's birthday in the hospital

Early in the morning of December 31st, Augustus Thomas Warpool and Cecilia Katherine Warpool made their appearances after Kate, my warrior sister, gave birth to each of them about 20 minutes apart. I was privileged to be in the delivery room to help, and Kate was amazing. Two memorable quotes from the morning include: "I feel supermodel skinny" after Gus arrived, and on the way back to the recovery room, she said "I didn't even break a sweat!" We celebrated New Year's Eve by hanging out in the hospital and then having a small gathering at my house in the evening. What a special way to ring in 2016!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!