Notre Dame Football, Family Learning Day, and More!

In mid-November, I gave my mom an early birthday present by arranging to go to a Notre Dame football game. Mom is a big, big fan of Notre Dame. Sometimes I think she still wishes I would have chosen Notre Dame for my college education. So, it was really special to be able to spend the day with her and to be escorted around the university by one of my former colleagues and dear friends, Monica Markovich. 

Monica and I outside of her office

Mom and I on the campus

Monica and I on the campus

All three of us in front of "Touchdown Jesus"
It was a beautiful fall day, and the traditions at the football game were fun to watch. I particularly liked the marching band and their halftime show featuring "Frozen" and other holiday favorites. It was a great day, and I suspect we will be back next year, if Monica will have us again!





While Mom and I were enjoying a day out together in South Bend at the Notre Dame game, the girls were at Goose the Market in Kate's neighbourhood for a family learning day. Hannah's preschool does project-based learning, and their classroom was working on opening a restaurant called "Free the noodle." They were visiting a restaurant to understand how things work. They learned about ordering food, making sandwiches, and running the register. They had a blast.




Below is a quick photo of the way we might spend any Saturday where we don't have lots going on. The girls playing with their dad in the back garden. I love this one and when we have a bit of down time.


Last but certainly not least, we celebrated both Claire Charlton's 8th birthday and Dad's 70th birthday in November. Dad's birthday celebration was quiet because we had a big event planned for him later in the month, and the girls had a fantastic time at their first sleepover at Claire's house to celebrate her birthday.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!