Hocking Hills Adventure Part 3

On our last full day in southeastern Ohio, we went on a short hike in Hocking Hills State Park. Aside from Hannah protesting on a few occasions (thus most photos of Hannah during the latter part of the hike involve her eating cheddar goldfish snacks), it was a beautiful walk. 


Before the hike began

Our entire crew!

Beautiful forest and sandstone formations

Hannah either admiring the sandstone or saying she's tired :)

Dad trying to show Hannah how pretty this place is.

Everyone walking along a trail.

The girls taking a break.

All the children in a small sandstone cave.

Our family.

Our family nearing the end of the hike.

Moira balancing on one foot.

Angie taking standing on one foot to a new level.

I was trying to keep up...tree pose was the best I could offer

My girls

A beautiful butterfly that Moira insisted I take a photo of. 

The kids found a little frog, and they were checking it out.


After our hike, we returned to the lodge, and we had another beautiful afternoon at the pond. The next day, everyone packed up together and left. It was sad to say goodbye (Hannah was very sad to say goodbye to Caitlyn); it really does warm my heart to see how well my children get on with all of my oldest and dearest friends' children. I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.

Our next stop was Parkersburg, West Virginia, which is just an hour southeast of where we were staying in Ohio. We decided to spend one night there so that we could meet Aunt Peggy, Meredith, and Natalie for the afternoon and evening. We didn't have long together, but we appreciated everyone taking the time to connect with us. We had a nice time at the hotel pool, the mall (on the little train), and at dinner at Texas Roadhouse.





Our week of summer vacation passed by so rapidly. There were a few more highlights to our summer, and I'll share them with you as soon as I possibly can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!