What a Great Kindergarten Year!
Moira,
I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of you. From your first day of Kindergarten, (which is permanently etched into my memory because you were so determined to be independent) to now, you have impressed me with your independence, curiosity, and empathy. You are growing into such a funny and confident young girl who makes friends with everyone and who works to be a good student every day. What more could we ask for, Moira?!
I've loved watching you learn to read. Reading together every night has been so much fun, but I love it that now you can read to me! In the fall, you were recognizing sight words everywhere, but by the end of the year, you were choosing your own books to read, and you were sounding out words so assiduously.
I've loved watching you discover your passions. This is the year that we made the unlikely decision to enroll you in ice skating lessons, and you just loved it. You were adamant that you wanted to take lessons, and I am so glad that we listened. I couldn't believe it when you went out there during your first lesson and just started hopping up and down on the ice like you owned it. Keep taking those risks, darling, because they will help you to realize that the best way to be is open to trying new
things.
I've loved watching you draw and design beautiful pictures. You are a fantastic artist, and you definitely have your own ideas about what and how something should be designed. I will not soon forget the details you gave to Aunt Kate about your birthday cake for your 6th birthday party. Also, when you and I worked on the Porcupine project together, you were very certain about how to draw the grass, where to put certain decorations (like the leaves), and so much more. Lastly, the surprise of your Kindergarten memories book that you had made at the end of the year left me practically speechless, I was so excited about what you had written and drawn.
I've loved watching you become a leader at home and at school. I heard from your teachers, Ms. Danek and Mrs. Quillen, what a good role model you were for the other children. I loved watching you with your friends at lunch because it was very clear that you were comfortable in yourself. We talked so much this year about "Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School" and the importance of you liking what you wear and who you are and not worrying about what other kids may think.
And at home, I never tire of watching you with your sister. You led her through different "pretending" games--restaurant, house, Frozen, and so many more. You also set a good example for her by how you help us out more and more around the house, which we appreciate.
As we move into the summer and towards First Grade, I just want you to know how much I love who you are, and I hope that you always have fun at school, work hard, and learn lots of new things about this world and yourself.
I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of you. From your first day of Kindergarten, (which is permanently etched into my memory because you were so determined to be independent) to now, you have impressed me with your independence, curiosity, and empathy. You are growing into such a funny and confident young girl who makes friends with everyone and who works to be a good student every day. What more could we ask for, Moira?!
I've loved watching you learn to read. Reading together every night has been so much fun, but I love it that now you can read to me! In the fall, you were recognizing sight words everywhere, but by the end of the year, you were choosing your own books to read, and you were sounding out words so assiduously.
I've loved watching you discover your passions. This is the year that we made the unlikely decision to enroll you in ice skating lessons, and you just loved it. You were adamant that you wanted to take lessons, and I am so glad that we listened. I couldn't believe it when you went out there during your first lesson and just started hopping up and down on the ice like you owned it. Keep taking those risks, darling, because they will help you to realize that the best way to be is open to trying new
things.
I've loved watching you draw and design beautiful pictures. You are a fantastic artist, and you definitely have your own ideas about what and how something should be designed. I will not soon forget the details you gave to Aunt Kate about your birthday cake for your 6th birthday party. Also, when you and I worked on the Porcupine project together, you were very certain about how to draw the grass, where to put certain decorations (like the leaves), and so much more. Lastly, the surprise of your Kindergarten memories book that you had made at the end of the year left me practically speechless, I was so excited about what you had written and drawn.
I've loved watching you become a leader at home and at school. I heard from your teachers, Ms. Danek and Mrs. Quillen, what a good role model you were for the other children. I loved watching you with your friends at lunch because it was very clear that you were comfortable in yourself. We talked so much this year about "Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School" and the importance of you liking what you wear and who you are and not worrying about what other kids may think.
And at home, I never tire of watching you with your sister. You led her through different "pretending" games--restaurant, house, Frozen, and so many more. You also set a good example for her by how you help us out more and more around the house, which we appreciate.
As we move into the summer and towards First Grade, I just want you to know how much I love who you are, and I hope that you always have fun at school, work hard, and learn lots of new things about this world and yourself.






Comments