Indy 500 Festival Parade

Every year when Memorial Day weekend rolls around, we head downtown to the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade. It's an exciting prelude to the Indy 500 race the following day, and truthfully I think I like the parade as much as the girls. It is a fantastic tradition that celebrates the city in style, and I'm happy that it has become part of our family's traditions.              

Arriving on the scene

With all of the balloons in the background

This year we had bleacher seats (with the Charltons)!

And Jennifer O'Shea (a friend from work) and her son joined us!

I love how the parade starts--with police doing motorcycle tricks who
are ultimately lined up to spell Indianapolis 500


The girls loved the Zoo's representation of some of their animals

The Purdue Marching Band is always a highlight

Shrek and so many other large balloons make quite an impression

The parade celebrates so many different cultures present in Indiana

It also celebrates our city's latest obsession--Indy Eleven!
And of course I was happy to see the Children's Museum representing!


Mario Andretti representing the parade was also a highlight!

Afterwards--these three girls are such good friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!