Winter 2015: Ice Skating Adventures
This post is the last in the Winter 2015 series, which is significant for two reasons: spring is imminent, and I'm finally catching up on my blog!
I signed Moira up for ice skating lessons in January because she has been enamored with the idea since last winter when we took her to our neighborhood's ice skating party. She was very excited to go, and she does remarkably well. You can check out her moves by clicking here or you may be able to see the video below.
She amazes me with her good spirits and determination (and balance)! I am very proud of her.
Of course, you may be wondering why I didn't enroll Hannah too. Hannah was very adamant that she wanted to be part of the fun the first night we went for lessons, so I signed her up for one lesson (because I knew how this was going to go). She got out on the ice and literally wouldn't move for fear of falling. She just stood there for the entirety of the half hour (quite the opposite of her big sister). Afterwards, I asked her what she thought, and she said: "ice skating is for big kids like Moira." So funny! Ever since, she's been fine with just watching, but I had to let her try it out first, or she would have been upset that she couldn't join her sister.
Last but not least, I wanted to share one YouTube video of our sledding adventures. I had hoped to make a short movie that featured everyone, but it's just not going to happen quickly enough. So, I decided to share a quick video of Moira and her dad going down the hill that pretty much sums up the experience!
On to warmer weather and springtime!
I signed Moira up for ice skating lessons in January because she has been enamored with the idea since last winter when we took her to our neighborhood's ice skating party. She was very excited to go, and she does remarkably well. You can check out her moves by clicking here or you may be able to see the video below.
She amazes me with her good spirits and determination (and balance)! I am very proud of her.
Of course, you may be wondering why I didn't enroll Hannah too. Hannah was very adamant that she wanted to be part of the fun the first night we went for lessons, so I signed her up for one lesson (because I knew how this was going to go). She got out on the ice and literally wouldn't move for fear of falling. She just stood there for the entirety of the half hour (quite the opposite of her big sister). Afterwards, I asked her what she thought, and she said: "ice skating is for big kids like Moira." So funny! Ever since, she's been fine with just watching, but I had to let her try it out first, or she would have been upset that she couldn't join her sister.
We asked Sarah and Julian to join us at our annual neighborhood ice skating party, and Moira had fun teaching Julian some of the basics (literally things like how you get up off of the ice when you fall). Sarah and I even managed to skate around the rink once or twice ourselves while the kiddos took a break.
Last but not least, we went ice skating with the Charltons at an IUPUI international students night, where Moira once again tried to show her friend Claire some of the basics of ice skating. They had a great time and laughed so much that night.
Last but not least, I wanted to share one YouTube video of our sledding adventures. I had hoped to make a short movie that featured everyone, but it's just not going to happen quickly enough. So, I decided to share a quick video of Moira and her dad going down the hill that pretty much sums up the experience!
On to warmer weather and springtime!





Comments