Holiday Parties, Plays, and more!

The holiday season was full of lots of fun events for the girls. I volunteered in Moira's classroom for her Thanksgiving party. They had a rotation amongst four of the kindergarten classrooms, and Moira decorated cookies, made crafts, and had a dance party. It was fun to help out her teacher, Ms. Danek, as well as all of the other students. 



The first weekend in December (I think) we went with Sarah and Julian to the circus. The kiddos absolutely loved it. The scale of Barnum and Bailey's circus was pretty impressive. The most exciting parts for me were the acrobats and motorcycle riders. I think the funniest part for me was how expensive the cotton candy was ($14 for one bag!). but it was worth it (and better than all of the light-up toys that break the next day, anyway). I was so glad that the Eli family invited us along.



One of my favorite moments as Christmas drew nearer was watching a play at the Lilly Theater with Hannah during her preschool class that was called A Seussified Christmas Carol. I guess I remain a theater girl at heart, and I loved watching Hannah's expressions of wonder as the play progressed. 



The girls had fun celebrating Daddy's birthday. Alan likes for his birthday to be low-key, so we happily oblige. The girls made him cards, we played a game of Twister, and they all blew out candles on the little desserts I found at the grocery store. Next year maybe we will be more ambitious and actually make Daddy a cake!



Last but certainly not least, a couple of other moms, myself, and Grandma planned Moira's class's holiday party. We read a book about the gingerbread baby, found hidden gingerbread babies, made reindeer food, created Olaf out of marshmallows, and more! It was the most hectic 45 minutes I can recall experiencing...ever! It reinforced my respect for what teachers do in the classroom every day, even though they all claim the party makes for unusual excitement in the classroom. Teaching so many 5- and 6-year-olds is quite an amazing feat!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!