Deck the Halls
This year, it took our whole village to get our house decorated for Christmas. The girls learned the song "Deck the Halls" and went around singing it wherever they could (regardless of whether or not they were contributing to the decorating efforts).
We brought home the tree but then had all kinds of trouble finding lights that worked. Eventually, Aunt Kate and Uncle Scott came to the rescue, and we discovered that if one waits until later in December to decorate, the best place to go for lights is Walgreens (not Lowes, Home Depot, or Target).
I was also determined to have outdoor lights because the kids were asking for them, but I'm sure it won't come as a shock to anyone who knows us to learn that neither Alan nor I wanted to spend a great deal of time hanging lights outside. So, we eventually settled on a pretty white tree of lights and two reindeer. Sadly, one of the reindeer was broken when it came out of the package, which led me to a second adventure of traveling all around the city to find a matching replacement. Seriously. Seriously! It was hectic. In the end, Uncle Scott helped us get all the lights working in a safe and practical way. Alan and I were very grateful, and the kids were thrilled.
Both of the girls had a lot of fun baking and decorating cookies on multiple occasions. Below is a great shot of the two of them together. And I love the last photo of Moira putting out the cookies they made for Santa on Christmas Eve (Hannah fell asleep on the way home from my parents' party). She was so, so excited this year to celebrate Christmas, and I love the anticipation and giddiness written all over her face. What a great moment.






Comments