Moira turns 6!
It's hard to believe that another year has passed. Moira was super excited this year to celebrate her birthday. Because she now fully understands the calendar year and dates, she was counting down the days to her birthday for weeks ahead of time. When the morning arrived, she was excited to see that our "little family" had a card and prezzies waiting for her when she went downstairs for her birthday breakfast. Moira is in an interesting phase right now where she is pretty particular, so she was adamant that she needed sprinkles on her waffles and cream in order for it to really feel like birthday waffles. Thank goodness we had sprinkles (albeit Christmas-themed sprinkles). It was a nice morning before she headed off to school.
Aunt Kate, Grandma, and I met Moira at school to celebrate her birthday at lunch time. We brought in treats for all of the children in her class and then hung out for lunch. Moira said she was having a fantastic day because the kids all make drawings for the other kids on birthdays, she gets to sit in the reading chair, she gets to have a "reading buddy" (stuffed animal) with her all day, etc. She seems pretty happy in the photos below.
Then, the following weekend, we had a birthday party at her gymnastics center. We invited all of the girls in her class plus a few close family friends, and Aunt Kate pulled off another amazing cake against all odds. Why? Well, Moira was once again very specific about what she wanted on her cake. She said: "I can see in my mind exactly what it looks like. I want there to be a little red book and nothing else." After cajoling her a little bit to allow for there to be words (she was specific on the words as well), I felt confident Moira would be happy. However, Aunt Kate was concerned that she might be disappointed. I even had a heart-to-heart conversation with Moira about how we should be grateful for what others do for us even if it isn't exactly what we had in mind.
When Kate arrived to show Moira the cake, Moira repeated aspects of our heart-to-heart to Aunt Kate. I think she said something like--even if it's not what I wanted, I will still like it! But then she gasped when she say the cake and said: "this is exactly what I had pictured in my mind!" Well done, Aunt Kate. Crisis averted. And it was a beautiful cake.
The party was a big success. The kids had so much fun running and jumping on trampolines, climbing ropes, diving into the foam pit, and much more. And then when it was time to have cake and open presents, the kids were all really excited to sing happy birthday and celebrate with Moira. It's important to note that Moira received many "Frozen" gifts at this party, thus officially beginning her obsession with the movie.
Right after her party weekend, her school held its fall festival. The girls had a great time, as you will see below. Moira won the cake walk game and was thrilled. And of course, they both love eating cotton candy.
Last but certainly not least, you can look forward to learning about all of our Halloween activities. I wasn't kidding when I said October was a busy month for us!


















Comments