I'm starting to become fairly concerned that I will never catch up on my blog because of the pressures of everyday life combined with my keen desire to share in detail our best memories with our family and friends. However, I am not one who gives in easily. I do acknowledge, though, that I have to make a change. Thus, my new focus will be on brevity. We'll see how it goes.
We saw a number of Alan's extended family members while in the U.K. Moira and Hannah had a great time playing with all of them, and I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn more about their worlds.
As you will see below, as long as the weather is nice, when family comes over (and even when they don't), we usually head to the garden. What I love the most about Alan's parents' house is their garden. The weather was gorgeous, and it's such a peaceful place to relax and unwind (even when the little ones are chasing each other or playing hide and seek). Enjoy the photos!
 |
| Moira and Cousin Thomas |
 |
| Hannah, Thomas, Moira, and Joshua |
 |
| With Great-Gran |
 |
| Kate King and family, Ruth Carr and family, Great-Gran, and Aunt Ann Linscott |
 |
| Reading her favorite nursery rhymes book |
 |
| With Monty |
 |
| Hannah would climb right up on Grandad's lap |
 |
| Nan and Moira having quiet time while Hannah (and I) slept |
 |
| With Great-Nan and Aunt Moira |
 |
| Great-Nan accepting a flower Moira had picked just for her |
 |
| Hannah and her football in Gran's garden |
 |
| On a walk--Moira loved the lion |
 |
| And she learned about snails while in Devon |
 |
| On a walk around the neighborhood |
 |
| Chasing bubbles with Uncle Gavin |
 |
| Celebrating Grandad's birthday... |
 |
| ...with a lovely meal outside... |
 |
| a homemade sponge cake... |
 |
| A story afterwards... |
 |
| And a Chinese lantern. |
 |
| Our last day in the garden--we had a picnic to celebrate. |
In short, it's an understatement to say that we walked away with a lot of fond memories from Nan and Grandad's "fairy garden."
Comments