Cool Morning at the Zoo

Summer 2013 will be a summer to remember in the Mackintosh household for a number of reasons, but I hope I will always remember how beautiful the weather was. It has not been as hot and humid as most Indiana summers I can remember, and we have been outside more this summer than any other summer in the recent past.

As a result, our outings to the zoo, the park, and the playground have been more plentiful and enjoyable. So, when Lauren and Jeff Devine came in for a visit from New York with their adorable son Maxwell, the zoo was the first place I recommended for an extended playdate.

They took me up on the offer, and am I ever glad that they did! We arrived just after opening, and the zoo was not crowded at all thanks to a light rain that  morning. We saw many animals up close and personal and somehow managed to catch a sea lion feeding, a dolphin show, a new baby elephant, a ride on the carousel, a quick trip around the playground, and the kiddos even fed a giraffe! It was seriously the best visit to the zoo I have had to date. Here are some of the photos that Lauren or I took during our families' adventure together.

Looking at the giant walrus

The girls waiting patiently for everyone (ha!)

Moira feeding the giraffe!

Love this photo of Hannah--she is fearless!

Maxwell was a bit more cautious!

Checking out the white rhinos...

The children had a lot of fun together as you can see...
...especially jumping on their favorite bouncy bridge!

There is a new baby elephant--look closely and you can see the baby!

My baby was a slow poke because she had to splash in every puddle!!


There's nothing like a carousel ride to finish off a great day at the zoo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!