In late May, I headed to Washington D.C. for a meeting for an entire week, and the girls stayed home and played. They had fun exploring with their dad, and Alan did an amazing job of sharing photos and skyping while I was gone. The girls didn't seem to miss me much at all, which truly makes traveling so much easier on me. Here are a few memories from that week...
 |
| Hannah in sunglasses at the Chihuly Exhibit at the Children's Museum |
 |
| Hannah at Broad Ripple Park Family Center (while Moira was in ballet) |
 |
| End of the night--Hannah sitting on her sister! |
 |
| Both Dad and Moira were very proud of her ponytail! |
 |
| At White River State Gardens (I love the way Moira smiles these days...with her hands on her cheeks!) |
 |
| Look closely and you'll see that Moira has bunny ears on while exploring the forest at Holliday Park |
 |
| Playing in our back garden |
I took one extra day while in D.C. to visit with my old college roommate and dear friend, Verena, as well as Jeff from my days at Butler. We had a lovely evening out at some bar somewhere that had a nice rooftop patio...until it started to pour with rain! Nonetheless, I had an amazing time catching up with old friends.
On my last day in D.C. before I flew home, Verena took me for a spin in a little smart car that you rent
by the minute. It's a pretty cool concept--you download an app that tells you where all the smart cars are located, you reserve your car from the app and have a half-hour to get there, and then you scan your smartphone to open the door. Amazing! After grabbing morning coffee (or tea) and bagels, we drove over to Georgetown, browsed the shops, chatted, and soaked up every minute we had together. Our time together is always too short, but hopefully we'll find an excuse to get together again soon.
 |
| In front of the smart car |
 |
| :) |
When I arrived home, it happened to be Memorial Day Weekend (or Race Weekend) in Indianapolis. It was fun to come into the airport and see all the excitement.
 |
| Indy Cars |
 |
| A random juggling act! |
Comments