Moira's Theatrical Debut and A Day at the Park
Saturday, May 11th was a proud day for me because Moira had her theatrical debut as part of the Children's Museum Preschool End-of-Year Celebration. This was the first year that they had the event in the Lilly Theater, and I must admit that I was quite emotional about the whole thing. I guess I was hyperaware that my little girl has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year while in preschool. It's just amazing to me that she's old enough to follow directions, stand on stage for a long time (10 minutes), and participate in a play--she literally knew her cues! This realization combined with my undeniable love of theater was just overwhelming for me.
![]() |
| Moira walking across the stage to her spot |
Each student was either a peddler, a cap, or a monkey. Moira was one of three brown caps, so you might say she played a "supporting role." You can tell by the signs around their necks what their roles were. It was Moira's job to go up at the appropriate moment, put her brown cap on the peddler's sign, and then return to her spot. I cannot overstate how amazed I was that more than twenty 4- and 5-year-olds listened with rapt attention, moved at the right times, and acted out a 10-minute story!
Of course, I thought Moira was brilliant! Look at her expression in the photo above. She took her cues well and delivered a solid performance :). After all of the plays were finished, the whole preschool also sang a song at the end that the teachers wrote. It's to the tune of "We Are Young" by the band Fun. I'm sure it will shock everyone that I didn't know the song. Anyway, the lyrics are pretty simple, and it shows how dedicated the whole staff is to the students. Here goes:
Today...we are young;
We go to school every day,
Learn and play,
And have fun
Now I know that I love
To explore at the Museum
I know that I...I just want
To play and laugh with all of my friends
We read fun books
Write stories
Cause I go to the Museum Preschool
The fun we've had
The friends we've made too;
We'll always remember TODAY!
![]() |
| Aunt Kate and Uncle Scott came along too! |
![]() |
| After the performance--Aunt Kate, Moira, and Hannah |
Later that afternoon, Indy was celebrating the completion of the Cultural Trail, so we went downtown to White River State Park to celebrate. Unfortunately, the tethered hot air balloon rides were cancelled because it was another relatively windy and cool spring day. So, Aunt Kate, Uncle Scott, the girls, and I just played all around White River State Park. Uncle Scott took the photos, and they are fabulous as usual.





















Comments