Hannah is two!


Hannah,

You turned two on May 6, 2013. 

Let's talk stats first! You're 32 inches tall, which means you're in the 10th percentile (like me!). You weigh 28 pounds (more like the 70th percentile), and the circumference of your head (20.5 inches) is literally off the chart. 

Where did another year go? It seems like only yesterday that we were celebrating your first birthday in 90-degree weather on our back porch. So much has happened in your world since then. What is most amazing to me is your language. You talk to us so much. Whether it is singing the ABCs, counting, asking for breakfast, or asking to put on your "swimsoup," you have a lot to say. Lately, the focus has been on "do it myself." I must admit, my darling, that I love your independence.

You are such a clever little girl. You like to follow in your sister's footsteps, but you have your own ideas as well. I love watching you climb into boxes, luggage, on tables, or onto chairs. I find you to be so resourceful. If you want to get onto a chair that is too tall, you toddle into another room to find a stool, and next thing I know, you've accomplished your mission. 


Music is such a big part of your life. Your dad, no doubt, influences you. I find it so endearing that you nod your head (in a toddler headbanging fashion) to whatever music may be playing, even if it's "row, row, row your boat."And you love to dance, or you love to "twirl," more specifically. To the point where you get "bizzy" (dizzy). I also adore your jumps, which is more of a gallop, but absolutely adorable. Anyway, there's no doubt that you feel the rhythm, and I believe playing a musical instrument of some sort is in your future.


Another passion of yours, apparently, is shoes. Anyone's shoes. My shoes. Your dad's shoes. Moira's shoes. And, of course, you don't mind yours, either. You'll help me put my shoes on, and you'll actively look to put on someone else's shoes whenever possible. And then, you toddle around in other people's shoes! I'm amazed at your athletic prowess--you never fall over in other people's shoes!



You're not afraid to try new things, either. I thought you might be scared when you got your first haircut, but you were happy (as long as you were sitting on my lap). You're just a very even-keeled little girl. Maybe it's because we just brought you along wherever we were going from the time you were six weeks old (when we went to England to see your Nana and Grandad and family). You got used to trying new things at a very young age! 


You love being outside. Love it. You throw a fit if you see one of us go outside, and you are not included on the action. You repeatedly ask in the morning for "coat, coat, coat," so that you can go outside and play. You love throwing and catching balls, and bubbles! They are your favorite. Chasing bubbles. There is nothing better in your mind, I am quite convinced.














But what I love sharing the most with you, Hannah, are those quiet moments in the morning or in the middle of the night when it's just you and me. Your spirit is so loving, and you are truly a delight. I cannot wait to see what the next year brings.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!