Christmas Programs and Parties

I can't tell you how many times I stopped to wonder if my girls realized how busy the Christmas season was for our family. Do they have any idea how much planning goes into making it through each day leading up to Christmas? Do they mind the late evenings, the travel, the craziness?  I'm guessing the answer is "no." I'm basing this educated guess on the fact that when I think back to my childhood, I certainly don't remember things being "hectic," but my parents had their fair share of Christmas programs, parties, and the like that they wanted to be sure we experienced. Sometimes I think we're all a bit mad to go to the lengths we do around the holidays to ensure Christmas is a time of joy of celebration with our extended families and friends...that is, until I see the looks of delight, excitement, and even pride on my children's faces. 

One of those looks of pride came when Moira participated in her Christmas preschool program through the YMCA again this year. Her class dressed up as reindeers and sang two songs--the most memorable one being "The Reindeer Hokey Pokey." I was so happy for Moira because she really got into the action and sang her little heart out this year. She even managed to dance a bit as well. If you listen carefully to the video, you will hear her voice loud and clear (it's somewhere between singing and shouting). She was so proud of herself.

Hannah sat on my lap the entire time, and she was pretty entertained by all the preschool children. It's hard for me to believe, but this fall we will start sending her to the YMCA two days a week! 


Hannah finding the perfect seat

Moira with her little red reindeer nose 




Cookies afterwards!

Another unexpected moment of delight came after I bought two Christmas dresses on sale and brought them home to the girls. I had planned to just dress them up in hand-me-downs from last year, but then my mom insisted we go shopping one day, and I found an amazing deal (this never happens to me). I came home and told the girls that I had beautiful Christmas dresses for them to wear, and they were so excited that they both put them on right away (Moira was excited--Hannah just followed in her sister's footsteps). I captured them dancing in these dresses on video. From that moment on, Moira insisted that she had to wear her "party dress" to all festivities (as you will see in the remaining photos!). It was very cute.



One of the first events where Moira wore her dress was at the St. Louis party. Every year, we go to St. Louis to see my mom's family, and this year was no exception (although we missed the Thomas and Pride families this year). Moira had a great time playing with her cousins Connor and Hunter, and Hannah loved the festivities as well. We had a great time staying at my cousin Marty's house, and we hope to get back to St. Louis soon.

Grandma, Hunter, and Hannah

Marty with the girls (note their party dresses)

Another cute one of Hunter--Connor was too fast to capture on camera!
The parties continued in the run up to Christmas day...and the girls seemed to have a great time wherever we were. Nothing fazed them. They were amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!