To kick off my series of posts about Christmas, it seemed only too appropriate to start with the Peewinkle Puppet Studio's Christmas show that we attended. I took off from work to join other Children's Museum preschool families at this teeny tiny puppet studio just south of downtown Indy. The show was only about 45 minutes long, and Moira was enthralled. Not only was she surrounded by her preschool friends, but she also had popcorn and a great seat for the show. What more could a 4-year-old want?
Before the show began!
"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas..."
The show wisely incorporated audience participation about halfway through, and you can imagine my surprise when Moira volunteered to go up on stage! They did a rendition of the 12 days of Christmas that was chaotic, hilarious and heartwarming all at the same time. Moira was "the partridge on a pear tree," and you can tell from both the photo and the video that she hasn't quite figured out how stage presence works yet. She was so fascinated with what was going on behind her that she wouldn't look at the audience. I was so excited, though, that she got up on stage. The only downside was that she enjoyed herself so much that when they asked for more volunteers and she wasn't picked...she threw a fit! It was very dramatic, but we survived--she calmed down, apologized, and then we went and made a little puppet to take home with us. All in all, it was a great morning!
12 Days of Christmas
Making her puppet...she colors so well now!
Puppeteers in the making...
That evening, I brought home Indian takeout (one of our favorite ethnic cuisines) and cupcakes to celebrate Alan's birthday. The girls truly enjoy celebrating (in other words, they love singing, blowing out candles, eating cake, and opening presents), and it was nice to have a small family celebration (just the way Alan likes it).
Getting ready...
Let the festivities begin!
I think Alan had a nice night...the girls certainly did! I cannot believe we are thirty-five years old!!!
I am still playing catch-up from all the photos we took over the holidays, and I have a few random ones that I want to share! Here they are: Moira's first official haircut. She was so good. I wasn't sure she would sit still, but she did. The stylist did a great job of keeping her entertained! Moira walking around in her "shoes." Moira is fascinated with shoes. She loves taking our shoes on and off. And she loves walking around in adult shoes. We went to the Eiteljorg on Martin Luther King day and Moira had fun exploring the Wild Wild West. You may recall that Moira's 2nd birthday party was pretty entertaining because Moira fell asleep in her high chair, and then she was completely overwhelmed by everyone singing Happy Birthday. Since then, we have had lots of family and friend birthdays, and she has mastered singing Happy Birthday. At this point, she sings Happy Birthday to just about anyone and anything--babies at a restaurant, the light, the birds......
Hannah, You, my darling baby girl, are growing up entirely too fast. By the time you were one, here’s what you were up to: On the Move Well, truth be told, you haven’t been that interested in moving. You’re quite content to reach both arms in the air and look imploringly at mama or dada to pick you up. By the time you were 5 months, you rolled over, and by the time you were 10 months, you finally decided to crawl. Since then, you’ve become a very quick little girl on your knees, and you’re just starting to consider standing up and walking on your own. One of the cutest things you do is crawl while holding onto a baby stroller—it is quite a feat! I predict you’ll be about 16 months old before you walk, and that is fine with me. What did you say? Hannah, you are a talker. At a year old you have a few words in your vocabulary. They include the traditional words like “mama” and “dada.” Your very first word, however, was “Mo-ra” in honor of your big sister,...
It's hard to believe Moira is already 5 weeks old (today)! Here 's a quick recap: October 14th, 9:32am, Moira Joan Mackintosh came into the world. She was a healthy 7 lb, 14 oz, and 20.5 inches long. My labor was fast, but delivery was slower than I would have liked. On the whole, neither Moira nor I can complain . October 16th, we came home. I discovered after a couple of sleepless nights that Moira would only sleep for about 15 minutes in her bassinet. She preferred sleeping on someone or sleeping in her little swing. The first few weeks went by in a complete blur. We were all trying to get used to a new kind of normal. Moira and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out her preferences for eating and sleeping. Alan spent a lot of time trying to help his girls get as comfy as possible. We've had fun discovering the little things about Moira. She has dimples and so much dark hair. She has the cutest high-pitched hiccups. She loves it when her Dad holds her and paces with...
Comments