Moira at 4 and Hannah at 18 months
It's so hard for me to believe that our girls are already 4 years old and 18 months old. The years are literally flying by. An old friend of mine has on her blog: "The years fly by for a mom...and the days never end!" That pretty much sums up my life.
Moira, you are an incredibly kind-hearted little soul at 4 years old. You have a strong will, and you definitely want to test boundaries with all of us, but it doesn't change the fact that in your heart of hearts, you are so generous and thoughtful. You are also a funny girl. Nothing warms my heart more than hearing you squeal in delight at one of your dad's many jokes.
I love singing with you. We sing lullabies together at night, and you still love to "read" your books. Dancing is also a lot of fun in our house. I've enjoyed immensely watching you come out of your shell and dance in your ballet class. Your tippy-toe pirouettes are my absolute favorite. I'm also amazed at how excited you were to ride your two-wheel bike with training wheels this fall. And I appreciate greatly your perserverance with swimming. You're not really that big of a fan of putting your head in the water, but you still continue to make improvements in your swim lessons.
Our conversations are becoming so interesting, and you never fail to surprise me with how much you know. Whenever we're getting ready to travel to see family, you always know the state we're traveling to and all the people you're going to visit. You're learning to color in the lines now, and you can write all the letters in your name! You're even starting to sound out some words (like penguin, most recently).
In short, Moira, I hope you know how much I love you and how fascinating I find your every move.
Hannah! How did you become 18 months old so fast?! I swear it was just yesterday that I was trying to figure out how to get you to fall asleep as a newborn. You, my darling, like to talk. You mimic just about anything that any of us say, but you especially like to say the same things as Moira. I can't even keep track of all of the words you know. What continues to surprises me more is that you string words together. One of my favorites is how you will say "Ready, steady, go baby!" when it's time to play our "tackle game."
You love shoes. Any shoes. They don't have to match. They can be your own shoes, Moira's shoes, my shoes, or even your dad's shoes. You often like to walk around with just one shoe on, which I find particularly endearing.
Hannah, you have an independent streak that reminds me of your plder sister. You're getting to that age where you become quite angry if you don't get your way. I've noticed it especially with your eating habits. You are bound and determined to eat on your own, and you prefer to do it with a fork. You'll stab just about anything with a fork--from a big piece of bread to a carrot to a bowl of soup...you're really only happy if you're armed with at least a fork, if not a spoon as well.
Hannah, you also love to dance...especially the Chicken Dance, but you'll settle for the Hokey Pokey or If You're Happy and You Know It as well. After you've been dancing for a while, you also like to find the perfect little stool or object at the same height as a stool where you can sit down and take a brief rest.
Moira, you're still trending on the tall side. You were 42.5 inches and 39 lbs at your 4-year-old check-up. You were also so brave when you got your shots! Hannah, you're much more "average" in your weight and height. You were 25.1 lbs, 31.5 inches tall, and your head has a 20-inch circumference. Even though you're a bit more average in your weight and height (50th percentiles), you certainly enjoy playing "sports" more than Moira. Hannah, you love to kick and throw as many balls as you can find. It's very cute.
Both of you love your baby dolls. Hannah, you particularly like your stroller so that you can take your baby (or multiple babies) on a walk. You also both have a lot of fun pretending and dressing up in costumes. Most of the time, you're the very best of friends, and I hope that you continue to love each other as much as we love you all throughout your life.
















Comments