Crystal Mountain Resort, Michigan ~ Day 3 (and 4)


After an evening of great food and conversation, we all awoke on Wednesday morning and did our own thing. Our family and the Devine family ventured out to the Art Park literally a few steps away from our townhome in the resort. It was a nice hike, and for me the most memorable moment was Moira singing her heart out at the amphitheater (after taking a little while to warm up). It was adorable.

Moira and the Frog

In the hills of the Resort

I love this picture

And this one--she found the light
So, it was at the moment below when we saw the sign that said the loop would either lead to "difficult" or "more difficult" trails that we decided to turn around. Hannah would never have lasted in the baby carrier for the entire loop!


You can almost see Max and Lauren!

Moira performing on the stage
After lunch, Alan took Moira down the alpine slide one more time before making his way to the pool. It was a pretty spectacular pool for kids--complete with slides, lilly pads, and more. Moira and Hannah had fun playing in the pool for a couple of hours with their friends. Moira is still way more tentative in the water than some of the other kids who were there, but she's making good progress. I hope I can convince her to love swimming as much as I did when I was a kid. Anyway, we completed the afternoon with another delicious ice cream, and then headed back up to the house to get ready for dinner.


We left the guys at home with all the kids, and the ladies went out to dinner. It was a nice, relaxing evening away from the chaos that we all believed was well-deserved (and I hope the husbands would agree...but I don't know...Moira and Hannah definitely gave Alan a run for his money). Because we all live so far away from each other, having moments like the one below to catch up with each other is truly priceless. 



The next morning was a bit crazy as we all gathered our things and tried to get out the door relatively quickly, but we did manage to get photos of all of the ladies and our children (minus Ray) and all of the families. I couldn't believe how well the last photo came out! When I reflect back on our time in Michigan now, I am still amazed at how well everyone got along and how easygoing we all were. Let's be real--it could have been a disaster. We had nine kids under the age of 5, with most being 3 and under. There could have been a lot of drama. 

But truly, there was no drama that I can recall...which is ironic, given the fact that half of us met doing theater in high school, and we certainly had our moments back then! What can I say? My friends and their families are truly wonderful, and I feel so fortunate to have them in my life. Honestly, I can't wait until we do something like this again in a couple of years!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!