After leaving the reception in the middle of the party, arriving at our hotel outside of Cleveland at 2am, sleeping for 6 hours, getting back on the road by 9am, and driving straight through with one stop until we arrived at the resort at around 4pm in the afternoon (whew!), we were ready for a relaxing evening at the resort. By the time we arrived so had some of my friends and their families, and we spent the majority of the first evening checking out our townhomes, enjoying yummy grilled pizzas, and catching up with old friends.
The morning of our first full day at the resort, Hannah and I took our time getting ready in the morning while Alan and Moira went to the indoor pool with most of the other families. While Hannah napped, I enjoyed catching up with Lauren and Jeff, and then in the afternoon we headed out to the Alpine Slide. The weather was absolutely spectacular the entire time we were in Michigan (which in my world means that it was cool in the morning and evening and perfectly warm in the middle of the day), and it made our day at the slide even better.
Alan and I took turns going down the slide with Moira. She loved it and kept wanting to go faster and faster. Meanwhile, Hannah and I spent time hanging out in the grass with Jeff, Lauren, and Maxwell (Hannah and Max are only one month apart).
 |
| The lift to the top of the "mountain" |
 |
| Moira and Hadley--so cute! |
 |
| Alan and Moira on the way up to the top |
 |
| Sarah and Julian (love his smile); Zac and Ray; Lauren |
 |
| Alan and Moira |
 |
| Hannah saying hello! |
 |
| Hannah saying hello--again! |
 |
| Lauren and Maxwell |
After an hour or so at the slide, Lauren's family and our family took a little walk around the resort, and it ended in a stop at the ice cream shop. Alan and the guys headed out to the driving range and to play some tennis while Lauren and I (mostly Lauren) worked on getting dinner together for everyone. Lauren made this amazing pasta sauce...and I made a salad (yay for those with Italian heritage taking the lead on dinner). Below is a shot of all of the kids (except for Hannah and Max, the babies) eating dinner. (It still amazes me how kind they all were to one another--it could have been so much more chaotic).
After dinner, we went to the resort's evening event, a "luau" of sorts. The kids had a great time getting their faces painted, dancing, and soaking up the luau atmosphere. As you can see, Moira was pretty tired by this point, so we didn't stay for very long at the luau.
My favorite part of every day was the end of the night, after the kids were in bed, when I had a chance to catch up not only with my friends and all that was happening in their worlds, but also with their husbands. Too often when we get together, the ladies dominate the conversation, but I really felt like I had time to talk to all of the guys more than normal...and it was a nice change. On to Day 2--Sleeping Bear Dunes!
Comments