The Wedding

Finally, the big day arrived--not just for Moira as a flower girl, but also for Amanda and David, the bride and groom. I have to admit that I found the day a bit stressful at first because Moira didn't rest or take a nap (instead she went swimming with her cousins), and I could envision catastrophe striking at any moment for my precocious three-year-old. 

Fortunately, my fears were unwarranted. We arrived at the church, and both Moira and Hannah were in pretty good spirits as you can see below. We took a few pictures with the bride and Moira's newfound friend and fellow flower girl,  Elena, and then we headed down to the bride's waiting room. That's when things got a bit interesting for me!

Daddy and Hannah

They both loves flowers as much as Moira

Such a sweet picture!
So, Hannah is a mama's girl at the moment, and she wanted to be with me. Not with Daddy, not with Grandma, not with anybody else. Additionally, Moira needed my attention too. It was incredibly busy in the run up to the ceremony, and the moment at which I thought I might lose my sanity was when I had both of them in the bathroom because Moira had to go to the potty (of course) right before the ceremony began; Hannah wanted to take a nap (and couldn't), and Mommy was trying to tend to them both pretty unsuccessfully. Good times!

Nonetheless, I survived, and both girls had a fabulous time being a part of David and Amanda's big day. As you can see below, Moira loved being with the bridesmaids, and one of my favorite pictures is of both flower girls toasting and drinking "champagne" (apple juice).

Moira and Elena after toasting!

Lindsey and Moira
And before I knew what had happened, the moment had arrived. Joe looked great walking down the aisle (he took his job very seriously), and Moira was absolutely perfect. She and Elena did an amazing job of behaving throughout the ceremony. I love the moment my brother-in-law captured at the end of the ceremony where Moira clapped for the newlyweds! What can I say? She looked beautiful up there, and she made me very proud. All of my worries were wiped away.









After the ceremony, Moira had the chance to see all of her cousins, and Clare (Moira and Hannah's Mother Hen) was especially sweet to Moira. You can see Emma with Keira and Zoe as well. The wedding party had a great series of old cars that they drove away in, and the photographs Scott captured of them leaving the church were fantastic!






After the wedding party left (though only to drive around the block before pictures), Kate and Scott took some family portraits for us. The best one we were able to capture is below...which isn't too bad given that Hannah was past the point of exhaustion. After the photos, Moira and I went back into the church for more pictures, and Daddy and Hannah went to the car so Hannah could take a nap.



Back in the church, Moira and Joe were so funny. They like each other, but they don't like each other. I guess they're typical three- and four-year-old cousins. I loved the photos of them below while they were waiting for their turn to get their pictures taken with the wedding party. And of course, I like the one of my brother and me too.




I'm still playing major catch-up with this blog, but we're making good progress. To see all the amazing moments Scott captured at the Rogers wedding, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/swarpool/sets/72157630297106804/

Next stop: the reception!

Comments

treva.winlock said…
OMG Joe looks so much like your dad!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!