The Rehearsal

It's important to note that Moira was chosen to be a flower girl about eight months ago, and when her beautiful dress was delivered to her, she wanted nothing to do with it. I don't know why--she's a girl with a mind of her own, but I distinctly remember her having a breakdown at the bridal shop when we were getting her measured for potential alterations. She was literally scared to put on the dress. It was truly the antithesis of what I had expected. 

So, we took a break from mentioning the dress (for months), and I eventually bribed and cajoled Moira to try it on so we could get it altered. I think we waited until just a couple of months before the wedding. Needless to say, she finally tried it on, and fortunately her perspective gradually started to change. It helped that she especially loved her shoes. And from that point on, I saw a glimmer of hope and thought she might actually walk down the aisle. 

All of my concerns were completed wiped away when I saw her at the rehearsal. She was so excited to be there, and she immediately became friends with Elena, the other little flower girl. Her cousin, Joe, was also in the bridal party, which didn't hurt either. They all took their jobs very seriously, as you will see below.

Holding hands after meeting a few minutes earlier 
So excited! 
Very focused!

Joe was equally focused!

While we were rehearsing, everyone else was gathering at the Country Club for the dinner. Hannah had a great time crawling and walking all around the place.  And her cousin Clare was her little mother the entire time they were together.

Precocious Hannah

Hannah and Clare

Hannah and Aunt Kate

Moira was particularly excited at the rehearsal dinner because she was recognized for her role as the flower girl, which also meant receiving a present! She was beside herself when she realized that not only would she get to be in the wedding, but she would also get to play with all of her new gifts! It was a great evening for Moira.

Moira and Aunt Jean

Moira and David (the groom)

Opening up the gifts at the end of the night!
Next is the big day--the wedding! Moira still talks about it and her dress...what a difference a couple of months make!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!