So you think you can dance (and sing)?


It has been such a busy spring and summer that I am afraid I have fallen a bit behind in my blogging efforts. Fortunately, many long car rides have recently helped me to catch up. 

Way back in May, Moira ended her first year of preschool with a bang. She sang a couple of songs to celebrate Parent’s Day, but my favorite was the rainbow song. Moira now sings at the top of her lungs. She alternates between the rainbow song, a Dora song where she counts to 10 in Spanish, and many other rhyming songs. She cracks me up.

Waiting patiently for her turn

The whole class--do you see the rainbow?
So proud of herself!

Hannah is ready for school too!

Moira also finished her ballet class for the summer. She was so much fun to watch in her unofficial 10-minute recital at the end of her last class. At the close of her first dance class, Moira couldn’t participate in the first recital because when she would see her mom and dad, she couldn’t resist the urge to run over and give us hugs and kisses. So, it was amazing to see the growth she had in just 8 weeks. I was a very proud mama because my 3-year-old stayed on her spot and danced the whole dance. As you will see in the videos, there is always room to grow, however, and by the end of her next ballet class in the fall, I am hopeful that Moira will be able to do her dance facing the audience (rather than looking at herself in the mirror) and moving her feet a bit more. Details, details!



Moira has grown up so much in the last year. Preschool has really helped her to come out of her shell. I thoroughly enjoy having conversations with her, watching her dance around the house, listening to her ask questions about everything, and engaging in her imaginative world as often as she will let me. As an example, our latest conversations always begin with: "Mom, when I grow up..." And they end with such questions or thoughts as: "can I wear earrings?" "will I go to school?" "can I go on an airplane" "can I go down the slide?" She also routinely pretends she is going on adventures that often involve crossing rivers and looking for trolls and fairies in the forest (daddy's influence). And she "reads" really long books that she's memorized--it amazes me every time. The latest is the Gruffalo's Child, which Nan and Grandad gave to her and Hannah around Hannah's first birthday. Moira can't stop talking about the Big Bad Mouse, and she literally recites the entire book to me every night. She is so clever, as her dad would say.

I'll be back soon to talk about our adventures in West Virginia and Michigan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!