Winter Fun!
I cannot believe it is already March. Where did winter go? To be fair, the weather hasn't been very winterlike. It has been so mild especially compared to last year. Nonetheless, Alan and Moira did go out and play in our back garden during one of the days when we had a bit of snow stick to the ground. She loves "The Snowman" cartoon, so they built a mini version together.
| Moira and her snowman |
| Too cute! |
We make a yearly trip to St. Elmo's Steakhouse to celebrate mom's birthday and devour downtown in Indy, and this year was no exception. The girls were very cute with their Uncle Sock...
Moira has a grand time in preschool. Below is a photo of a "winter scene" that is made out of little pieces of crepe paper, and they took photos of each of the children in front of it. Again, too cute.
Moira is also taking gymnastics and dance classes on Saturday mornings. She prefers dance class to gymnastics, though she says she likes the balance beam. In both of them, she is not the quiet child who listens nicely to the teacher--she routinely stops whatever she is in the middle of doing and decides to make a quick couple of laps around the room. She likes "freeze dance" best because she gets to run around until the music stops, when she freezes. I keep telling myself it's because she is 3-and-a-half!
We also found time to go duckpin bowling with Dave, Sarah, and Julian during one particularly cold winter day, recently. I don't know that the kids thought much of the bowling, but they certainly managed to keep each other entertained. It was a fun day!
And last, but certainly not least, Katy and her two kids, Ray and Ruby, came into town from Cincinnati recently, and we had a great time catching up. The kids particularly enjoyed Monkey Joe's, a bounce house place. Moira totally surprised me because she had no problem climbing up to some pretty high slides and then sliding down the other side. She is going through a "scared" stage, so I thought for sure she would find such a task frightening. I was glad I was wrong ;)
Comments