Mom turns 70!

This year, for New Year's Eve, we celebrated mom's 70th birthday in grand style. I can honestly say it was one of the best New Year's Eve parties I've been to (although I may be biased since I played a key role in planning the evening). 

As usual, Moira fell asleep in the car on the way to the party!
Perhaps surprisingly, we had the party at my cousin's work. He works for a local Williamsburg firm that does security systems, home theater systems, etc., and they have a great showroom (not to mention a fun warehouse area as well). It was perfect! All the kids had a great time running around, playing in the batting cage, checking out the new 3D TVs, playing video games, and more. Truthfully, the adults had a great time too...especially when it came to dancing to the new Just Dance Wii video game.

Playing in the batting cage

Kate and I dancing to the Wii

More candid shots of our mad dance skills

Moira and grandma getting in on the action too!
We all gathered in the home theater space so that the kids could say Happy Birthday to mom. As you can see, we attempted to line them all up with signs so that they could say Happy 70th! Alas, it was a bit haphazard, which I suppose is to be expected of children ages 7 and under!

Mackenzie, Mariah, Ryan, Moira, Kendall, Gabriel, Avery, Hannah

She's so serious!
Opening presents was quite the endeavor because all of the little ones wanted to be a party of the experience. They were practically climbing on top of mom as she opened her gifts. It was hilarious. In the pictures below, mom is reading from the book Kate and I wrote and illustrated for her. It's called "I love you from A to Z" and it was a long time in the making. It was inspired by the many emails we received over the years from mom where she would close with an "I love you more than..." sayings.

She looks like a teacher in this picture!

Reading the book

Moira loved the book too.
Of course, mom's birthday wouldn't be right if there wasn't a cake made by Kate! She managed to put this cake together in no time flat. It was delicious!





After the cake and ice cream, the kids put on a puppet show for everyone. They sang a song about making new friends but keeping the old, and it was very, very cute. They were all so sweet with one another. It was a fabulous 70th birthday party (if I do say so myself).


All the kids took turns holding Hannah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!