Part 3 of Moira's 3rd Birthday: Disney World

I had my fair share of trips to Disney World as a child, and I must admit I was excited to share the magic with Moira. We started the day very early with an impromptu birthday celebration, complete with carrot cake, before I did my presentation at the conference.




Devouring the cake!

Grandpa and the birthday girl

Daddy and Hannah--they have the same expression!
Once I was finished with the conference, we headed to the Magic Kingdom via taxi and ferry boat. I had forgotten how crowded Disney World can be, and I'm pretty sure it was much less crowded than the summer. Fortunately, the weather was gorgeous, and Moira really was very excited to visit "Mickey Mouse's house."

Mickey Mouse's house

Getting ready to board the ferry

Excited about starting the day!
Once we arrived at Disney World, we found a button for Moira that said "Happy Birthday Moira" and we found our first character to visit. Pinnochio. Moira has been reading the story with Grandma and Grandpa for the last few months, and it was complete serendipity that Pinnochio happened to be available. So, we waited in our first line of the day, and she had her photo taken with Pinnochio. She also gave him a "high five." She was very proud of herself.

Waiting to see Pinnochio

Moira holding Pinnochio's hand

And with Grandma and Grandpa

After we finished with Pinnochio, directly across the street began the "Celebration Parade." We didn't plan this at all, but somehow we ended up right in front of the float with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Before I knew what had happened, we were in the middle of a dance party...complete with a Conga line. I've included a video below that captures Moira's spirit--she was completely overwhelmed. Utter sensory overload. She just observed all that was happening around her and soaked it in. It's pretty cute to watch her in the video. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this part of the day is what she seems to remember most. She talks about dancing with Mickey Mouse and giving Donald Duck a high five to this day.


There she is...just standing and watching it all happen around her!

And another picture of her puzzled look :)
By about mid-day, we made it to the castle, as you will see below, and from there, we had a fabulous day of riding a variety of different Magic Kingdom rides. One of the surprising highlights was this short 3D movie called Mickey's PhilharMagic...Moira was mesmerized and laughed her way through most of the movie.

By the way, you may have noticed that you haven't seen much of Hannah up to this point. That's because she was sound asleep for the first 2-3 hours we were there. She loved the Florida warmth, I think.

The iconic photo

Hannah finally awakes--around lunchtime.

Grandma and Hannah

She's such a happy baby!

Moira was very intent on spinning the teapots fast!

Getting both girls to look at the camera is impossible.


Moira took Dad for a ride on the speedway

Note how intense she is on driving well



Waiting in line for "It's a Small World."

Everyone was mesmerized by the ride, including Grandma!

Hannah liked this ride too...it was cute!

Another poor attempt at taking a photo with both girls :)
How sweet is she?
It was a long day, but it was definitely worth the crowds, the lines, and even the expense. Moira had a fabulous 3rd birthday that ended with watching the fireworks from the Contemporary resort right next to the Magic Kingdom.

Comments

Becky said…
Marie and Alan, the girls are truly adorable! Hannah smiling when Moira is blowing out her candles is so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!