Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to flying again with our children. I was still a little scarred from the 21-hour return journey from the U.K. I actually tried to get out of this conference, but it didn't work. Fortunately, flying on a nonstop flight to Florida with a 3-year-old and 6-month-old is a breeze by comparison!
The conference was held at the Marriott World Center, which is an absolutely gorgeous resort. My dad always stays at Marriotts, so even though I made the reservations, he somehow hooked us up with adjoining rooms and a suite, which made the 5-day adventure much more pleasant! While I was working, the rest of the family explored the resort, and I did manage to find a little R&R time at the pool over the weekend as well.
 |
| Arriving at the resort |
 |
| Grandma was excited |
 |
| The view from our room! |
Moira loved the big beds, cuddling with her sister, going for a walk in the stroller, riding the big glass elevators (she would shout "now we're inside/now we're outside" as we were riding them), and, of course, the pool! She is so much more comfortable in the water than she was even this summer. All of a sudden, she started blowing bubbles and putting her face in the water. Very exciting. Needless to say, she was so worn out the first day that she fell asleep at dinner.
 |
| She loves Grandpa's iPad |
 |
| I love this photo. Can't get enough of their cuteness. |
 |
| Going for a ride in the stroller! |
 |
| Hannah at dinner (Moira was asleep)! |
By the time I was able to join everyone at the pool deck on another day, Moira was ready for a new partner, and I was happy to play with her in the water. And Hannah dipped her toes in the water the first day, but she didn't like how cold the water was (even though the pool was heated). So, the second day, we kept her dry, and she seemed very content to simply be held in someone's arms.
 |
| Swimming with Daddy |
 |
| Clearly a lot of fun for Moira |
 |
| Although she wanted to go to the "hot pool" all the time! |
 |
| Moira loved going up and down the steps. |
 |
| Hannah keeping dry with Grandpa |
After a busy morning of swimming, we made a tie-dyed T-shirt together, which was thoroughly intriguing for Moira. But not nearly as intriguing as Disney World was. More on that soon!
 |
| Gloves on for tie-dying |
 |
| Moira did a great job of dying the t-shirt |
 |
| Not bad for her first time! |
 |
| Meanwhile Hannah and Grandpa kept cool in the shade. |
 |
| And Grandma and Moira enjoyed lunch |
 |
| Hannah was still full of energy at the end of the day! |
Comments