Part 1 of Moira's 3rd Birthday: Cake Pops for Preschool!

Moira's birthday this year was quite extravagant. But not in the way you might think. We didn't throw her a big birthday bash or buy Moira a single toy. Instead, we took her on a short vacation to a resort in Orlando and Disney World for a day!

 Back in the spring, I found out there was a conference called the "National Career Pathways Network" Conference being held in Orlando, during Moira's birthday, and it just so happened that we wanted to present the work we have been doing at DWD on developing adult career pathways at this particular conference. My colleague submitted a proposal, which was subsequently approved, and finally, in early September, I was approved to go to this conference through the State (quite a feat to accomplish--yay for bureaucracy!). Our family (including my mom and dad) traveled to Orlando for a longish weekend, and it was a fantastic break!

Before we left, Moira had to celebrate her birthday by bringing in a "snack" for her preschool friends. You may or may not know that although I like to cook and bake, time is at a premium for me right now, and I rarely find myself in the kitchen. My intention was to pick up some cupcakes at Sam's Club or something! But I was appalled at the size of the cupcakes, told my mom about my dilemma, and next thing I know I'm making cake pops with Moira and my mother the Sunday before we had to leave for Orlando!  Truly, this is usually my sister's domain, but they turned out pretty well! We had fun making them (especially Moira), and the pumpkin cake pops were especially cute! 

Moira mixing the crumbled cake and frosting together!

Moira eating the cake pop mix

Moira after attacking the sprinkles!

A picture of the finished product--she was proud!

Moira reported back to me that her friends at school loved the treats! I was so proud of her, and I asked her to sing me Happy Birthday a little later with a couple of the remaining pumpkin cake pops. Soon thereafter, we whisked her and Hannah away to the airport for our Florida adventure!



Comments

Becky said…
Oh my gosh, Marie! I can't believe she is 3 already! She is so stinkin' cute! Great job on the cake pops -- I love those things!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!