Halloween!

Most people who have known me for any length of time know that it's hard for me to get into the Halloween spirit. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because the day always creeps up on me (no pun intended) and I never feel like I have time to put together a good costume. Well, this year is a different story!

Hannah sitting up

Hannah in her "Master Console," as Daddy calls it

During Hannah's baptism weekend, I took a trip to Costco with the family and found a really cute sheep costume for Hannah. I still didn't know what I wanted Moira to be, but then it dawned on me...Moira *loves* reading her nursery rhymes book, so why not have her be Little Bo Peep?!

Little Bo Peep and her sheep
To celebrate, we went to the Irvington Halloween festival; carved pumpkins with Sarah, Dave, and Julian; and we trick-or-treated with the Charlton family. It was a very busy and very exciting weekend for Moira.

At the Irvington Halloween festival, we went to a magic show (which Moira found a bit overwhelming), and then we walked all around, stopped for yummy bites to eat here and there, and enjoyed the relatively brisk and refreshing weather.

Moira at the magic show

Magician at work

What a cutie!

Getting tired (and cold)

Fun with Aunt Kate and Uncle Sock
In the afternoon of the same day, we went to the Eli household to carve pumpkins. Moira had so much fun playing with Julian, and we had a lovely time carving pumpkins. I hadn't carved a pumpkin in years. Afterwards we had a lovely walk and dinner at Fireside by the Monon.

Decorating cookies

Hannah has been teething for a long time

Working on cleaning out the pumpkins

Sarah and Julian

See the ghosts in the pumpkin?
Halloween this year was really entertaining. We went to the Charlton house to trick-or-treat. Moira loves being around Jack and Claire. And she finally "gets" Halloween. She would go up to the door and ring the doorbell, say trick-or-treat, and then show off the goodies she would receive. Afterwards, she was so tired that she cuddled up next to Claire. Great day!

Hannah--ready for her day!

Moira and Claire (beginning the night of eating candy)

Bo Peep meets Star Wars

Ready to go out and trick-or-treat

Hannah along for the ride

Finding the right house

Ringing the doorbell

Coming back with her latest treasure

Showing daddy all of her candy

Cuddling up with Claire at the end

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!