Parades, Playgrounds, and PBS Kids in the Park


Moira is at the age where she delights in being outside and being a part of any sort of excitement—from playing on the playground to watching marching bands roll by. Summer in Indianapolis is the perfect time for her (aside from the heat and humidity) because there are so many fun activities to enjoy outside.

The 500 Festival Parade 
Until last year when Alan’s parents visited, it had been decades since I had been to the parade. But Alan’s dad wanted to go last year, so we braved the crowds and had a really nice time. In fact, it was such a pleasant day that I wanted to take Moira this year. This year, the weather was even nicer, we lucked out with being able to sit in front row seats., and we were able to celebrate the centennial year for the 500.  Moira particularly enjoyed the marching bands, the horse brigade, and the giant balloons. She talks so much now, and she kept saying something to us about a “panda bear.” I thought she was referring to one of her many stuffed animals, but as it turns out, she was pointing to an enormous panda balloon in the distance. Too cute.





Hannah attended the parade too, and Grandpa and she stayed in the shade for a good part of the wait before the parade began. But then she slept in her pumpkin seat for almost the entire parade! This may not seem shocking to most of you, but I was surprised because she doesn’t seem to like sleeping in her car seat much. I am convinced it is because it was such a perfectly warm day, and Hannah likes being cozy and warm.





Playgrounds
Moira still loves going to the playground. She could swing all day long, and she loves the slides too. I am a big fan of the Optimus park playground because it is the right size for little toddlers Moira’s age. It is also near Sarah and Julan…an extra bonus.





PBS Kids in the Park
Grandma and Grandpa and I took both girls to PBS Kids in the Park. It is this festival that celebrates all the characters from the big PBS children’s shows (Sesame Street, Clifford, Curious George, etc.) Once again, Hannah was okay sleeping in the stroller as long as she was moving. And Moira had a fabulous time dancing to music and hugging Elmo (and the cow from Chick-Fil-A). It was a very crowded event and you had to stand in line to meet the characters. Not sure if I would do it again, but there is no question in my mind that Moira loved it.




And last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn’t include cute pictures of my growing baby girl, Hannah!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!