Spring is so close!
We've spent the last month gearing up for spring and the impending arrival of Baby Mackintosh. One of the highlights for me has been Moira's swimming lessons. We're taking a "Parents and Beyond" class where Moira is supposed to get comfortable enough in the water to be on her own without me nearby. As some may know, I really enjoyed swimming when I was younger and was even part of a swim team for a couple of years, so I guess it's only natural that I'd like for Moira to be a strong swimmer too. Anyway, she's been pretty cautious in the water up until she started these lessons, but I needn't have been concerned. I just barely swam in the water with her the first time, and since then, she has been swimming with the instructor. Yea!
She truly loves it! And when I say love, I mean it. She literally squeals with delight when she's in the water and talks about it for days beforehand and afterward. It's really fun to watch her go. She kicks incessantly and reaches out to grab toy ducks or fish. The only thing she is still wary of is putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles. But I am sure it will come.
And now that the snow appears to be finally gone, we've had a few days in the 50s and 60s, and we have taken advantage of going to the playground. She's so much more confident than she was last fall--it's amazing what a few months do. We had a great time at a playground just down the street from us. She loves the swings, the bouncy horses, and, of course, the slides. We're working on making sure there are no temper tantrums when it's time to leave the park.
She truly loves it! And when I say love, I mean it. She literally squeals with delight when she's in the water and talks about it for days beforehand and afterward. It's really fun to watch her go. She kicks incessantly and reaches out to grab toy ducks or fish. The only thing she is still wary of is putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles. But I am sure it will come.
And now that the snow appears to be finally gone, we've had a few days in the 50s and 60s, and we have taken advantage of going to the playground. She's so much more confident than she was last fall--it's amazing what a few months do. We had a great time at a playground just down the street from us. She loves the swings, the bouncy horses, and, of course, the slides. We're working on making sure there are no temper tantrums when it's time to leave the park.
Last but not least, in getting ready for the new baby, we've been moving around furniture since the two will share a room. We finally decided to invest in a new sofa, so we said goodbye to the couch Alan affectionately calls the "spine breaker." I have to admit that I was a little sentimental about it because Moira climbed all over it (and we didn't care), apparently, just as I did when I was a little girl. Here are some pictures...




Comments