Quick trip to Texas I
Don't worry loyal blog followers...slowly but surely, I will catch up to present day. Honestly, the last month has been one of the busiest for me in recent memory.
Anyway, about a month ago, Moira, Alan, and I flew to Texas for Caitlin's baptism. Caitlin is my friend Kathryn's new little baby girl, and they asked us to be the godparents. We decided to build in a quick visit to Uncle Larry and Aunt Meg in San Antonio as well. They showed us all around San Antonio's famous riverwalk, and we managed to take a quick peek at the Alamo too. We went to an excellent Mexican restaurant that evening, where we saw my cousin Dean briefly too. Moira loved riding on the barge on the Riverwalk and looking at all the ducks. She also had so much fun playing around with Meg and Larry on the barge, in the restaurant, and back at home too.
The memory I will always carry with me, though, occurred while at the Alamo and then the following morning. Moira lost her baby "Upsy Daisy" doll while strolling around the gardens with Larry and Meg while Alan and I were inside the Alamo shrine. Meg and I ran all throughout the gardens trying to find the doll (because she's at that age where a missing doll could be a disaster), to no avail. Nevertheless, Moira was a good little girl and went to bed without too much trouble that night. She did wake up a couple of times that night, but the following morning when we took her into our bed, she kept asking for "Daisy, daisy, daisy." Alan, still half asleep, rolled over towards her and said in all sincerity: "Upsy Daisy fell at the Alamo." It was too funny.
Anyway, we loved our time visiting Larry and Meg in San Antonio...Alan still talks about the breakfast tacos today!

Comments