Bike rides and anniversaries
The Mackintosh household got a little crazy in September. It all started off pretty smoothly with a visit from my brother, Emma, and Jack. They came into Indy after making a pilgrimage of sorts to Notre Dame for the Purdue/Notre Dame football game. Emma is so cute with Moira. She taught her the chicken dance and couldn't stop holding her. Jack was also very good with Moira, but he was equally interested in playing with his own stuff and drawing. I think my favorite quote of the weekend was Emma's: "I wish everyone stayed the same age as Moira" (discreetly implying that her sister and brothers getting older was not as much fun for her as when they were babies).
After much time playing with all the toys in the basement, the entire Luken family (minus a few key Arizona members) headed out on a bike ride. We were quite the entourage. Alan was in charge of Moira in the trailer, and Jack and Emma held their own. The ride was a little long for Jack--when we finally got to Dairy Queen, he classically said "everything hurts--even my wiener." Hilarious.
A few days after Dave and his children left, Alan, Moira, and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at Adobo Grill (we love the guacamole)! It was a beautiful September night, and after dinner we meandered our way over to the Circle where we took loads of photos of Moira playing on the steps and the fountain.
Normally, this is where I would insert the cute photos. Unfortunately, our pictures were lost a few days later when our house was burglarized! Although very disturbing and dramatic at the time, we have pretty much recovered at this point. Our house is safer than ever before, and we're getting the few things that were stolen replaced. So, I've been relying on everyone else to take photos so I can update the blog, and I hope to have many updates from the "Lost month of September" soon!
After much time playing with all the toys in the basement, the entire Luken family (minus a few key Arizona members) headed out on a bike ride. We were quite the entourage. Alan was in charge of Moira in the trailer, and Jack and Emma held their own. The ride was a little long for Jack--when we finally got to Dairy Queen, he classically said "everything hurts--even my wiener." Hilarious.
A few days after Dave and his children left, Alan, Moira, and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at Adobo Grill (we love the guacamole)! It was a beautiful September night, and after dinner we meandered our way over to the Circle where we took loads of photos of Moira playing on the steps and the fountain.
Normally, this is where I would insert the cute photos. Unfortunately, our pictures were lost a few days later when our house was burglarized! Although very disturbing and dramatic at the time, we have pretty much recovered at this point. Our house is safer than ever before, and we're getting the few things that were stolen replaced. So, I've been relying on everyone else to take photos so I can update the blog, and I hope to have many updates from the "Lost month of September" soon!






Comments