More on Nan and Granddad's visit!



One of the unexpected highlights of our visit with Nan and Granddad was the 500 Festival Parade. I know that Nan and Granddad aren't too big on crowds, so I wasn't sure they would enjoy the day. It was also very hot that day (for some reason we have heat waves whenever our family from England visits), so I was a bit concerned about how well they'd be able to handle the heat. But we had a fantastic time! We started off with a nice walk along the canal, and then we meandered over to the parade route. We were just north of the War Memorial near the end of the route, which was perfect because Moira could play in the shade in the park while we waited for everything to begin!

The parade itself was so much fun. We didn't stay for the entire parade because Moira needed a nap, but we definitely had a taste of the excitement and buzz of Indy in May.





Another surprisingly fun outing was going to the portrait studio with Moira. Since Granddad likes photography so much, I thought he might appreciate how portrait studios manage to capture the essence of kids at any age! Moira was a rock star. She says "cheese" when she sees the camera (a testament to just how much she's been photographed so far), but they do an amazing job of capturing her delight. We love all of the photos, but I thought the ones below were particularly candid. They captured her jumping, knocking things over, posing for the camera, and hugging a teddy bear--all of which are everyday occurrences in her life these days! 



To wrap up the memories of Nan and Granddad's visit, I thought I would bring it back full circle from where we began--in the garden (the newly tidied garden, thanks to Granddad). Here are a few snapshots from the last few days we spent together. We miss Nan and Granddad so much!







Comments

Becky said…
What great photos, Marie! I can't believe how much Moira has grown and her personality really shines through in the photos! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!