A weekend in St. Louis
About a month ago, we traveled to St. Louis to attend a baby shower for Katie Brown, my cousin Marty's wife. Time flies by, and I realized I never really blogged about it. So, here's a short recap.
We stayed at my Aunt Carol's house, and it was a full house. My Aunt Jean, Betty Paulus (cousin-in-law), and Leila (her daughter) were there along with my mom and sister. They had all been preparing for this shower for days, so by the time we arrived, everyone was in good spirits. Leila was so very sweet to Moira the whole weekend, as you will see in some of the pictures below. It was fun to see Moira follow her around everywhere--she was practically Leila's shadow for the entire weekend.
The only downside to the weekend was that Moira got sick in the car on the way home. I think she overdosed on too much fruit the day before. It was definitely an overwhelming moment for me where I realized I had to be a comfort to her in the most awkward of situations--stopping at a gas station somewhere in Illinois to strip her down, change her, and calm her down. I was really grateful for my mom and my sister's help that day.
We stayed at my Aunt Carol's house, and it was a full house. My Aunt Jean, Betty Paulus (cousin-in-law), and Leila (her daughter) were there along with my mom and sister. They had all been preparing for this shower for days, so by the time we arrived, everyone was in good spirits. Leila was so very sweet to Moira the whole weekend, as you will see in some of the pictures below. It was fun to see Moira follow her around everywhere--she was practically Leila's shadow for the entire weekend.
The shower itself was a lot of fun. It was a Jimmy Buffet-themed baby shower, which may seem odd for a baby shower, but I think Katie started listening to Jimmy Buffet when she was a little girl because her grandmother liked the music, so it's a family thing. Anyway, it was at my Uncle Jeff's diner, which was pretty cool, and Aunt Marilyn (the grandma-to-be) and all the sisters did an excellent job on the food, the atmosphere, and the party. Moira and Leila had a blast. We had to leave a little early to get them a bath and to bed, and this video of the two of them is one of the funniest things ever.
The only downside to the weekend was that Moira got sick in the car on the way home. I think she overdosed on too much fruit the day before. It was definitely an overwhelming moment for me where I realized I had to be a comfort to her in the most awkward of situations--stopping at a gas station somewhere in Illinois to strip her down, change her, and calm her down. I was really grateful for my mom and my sister's help that day.
Comments