Who knew hotels could be so much fun?


Moira, Grandma, Grandpa, and I went to Pittsburgh this weekend to rendezvous with my cousin Marty's family (based in Philadelphia right now). Marty and Shannon have two girls, Mariah (age 4+) and Kendall (age 2+). A year ago they filled my dad's car with tons of hand-me-downs for Moira (which is why she's always so well-dressed), and a year later, they were ready to donate more! Plus, they'd never met Moira, so picking up more hand-me-downs was a great excuse for all of us to get together. Marty's parents (Aunt Jean and Uncle Joe) also came along for the fun.

Moira is a good traveler (although she had an unforgettable diaper blowout on the return trip--I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty), and I was amazed at how much fun she and her cousins had playing at the hotel. There was a pond with fish, a swimming pool, free snacks, a big breakfast buffet--I mean, it was a kids' paradise! It certainly makes you realize that you don't have to do anything too exciting with little kids--just a slight change in their normal routine is pretty exciting.
Mariah and Kendall were very cute with Moira. I love watching older kids interact with her. They both took turns holding her, reading to her, kissing her, making her laugh.

It was a quick (and somewhat tiring) trip but totally worth it. I hope we can do it again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!