Eleven months old already?

Seriously, it is hard for me to believe that Moira is going to be 1 year old in just under a month! Why is it hard to believe? Well, for one, I felt like the 10 months of pregnancy dragged on FOREVER. I guess I assumed that things would move a little faster once Moira was in our lives, but I never dreamed time would march on as fast as it has.

It still fascinates me how much she has grown in the last 11 months. As I look back over my blog entries, I realize this is a regular theme, but I can't help it. I mean, as I sit writing this, I have a pile of clothing sitting on my couch that no longer fits her and needs to be put away. I didn't think about the fact that I would clean out her closet literally every other month. It's so weird to look at these clothes that I thought she would wear for at least a few months, and I was lucky if she wore them once! I mean, there was a little green romper outfit in the pile that she wore when she was 6 months old. I held it up to look at it closely and couldn't believe how teeny tiny it was. Yet Moira was wearing it only 5 months ago, and so then I think...wow I can't believe how much my baby has grown. But then, at the same time, I think it's so weird to feel nostalgic about your "baby growing up" when she's still obviously a baby.



Anyway, she is growing ever more adventurous and curious. She is intrigued by doors and likes to try to open and close them continuously. She likes it even better if they're a little squeaky. She'll "help" us unload the dishwasher, and she's discovered the pots and pans cabinet. She loves pulling up on furniture, and the other day I caught her on top of a box--hands and knees on the box--ready to dive off. She doesn't seem to have much fear at all. She climbs the stairs to our game room which is rapidly becoming our playroom. She loves watching mama brush her teeth, and she laughs so hard when we try to brush her little teeth.



She is so vocal as well. She babbles away all day long, and we're pretty sure that she's said dada and mama at this point. She loves it when we swing her around or let her hang upside down for a second--she's like a little monkey--and it just makes her laugh and laugh. There is nothing better than hearing her laugh.


All in all, Moira is having an absolute blast exploring all the things that we essentially take for granted. It's been a great lesson for me. Seeing the world through her eyes makes everyday life immensely more fun and exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!