Our little cruiser...
We took Moira to her 9-month appointment, and here are the stats:
Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 29.5 in.
Head: 18 in.
By themselves, they don't mean much, so here's my interpretation: She's almost tripled her weight since she was born, she's 9 inches longer, and I don't know how much bigger her head is, but it's a LOT bigger too. Because we as a society like to compare (a little too much for my taste at times, but I also can't deny that I like knowing the details), I can also tell you that she's in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th for height. Yes, you read that correctly--95th percentile for height! (Every time I say it I chuckle. I know Alan's tall, but I'm pretty sure I was never in that kind of percentile for my height!).
Moira is truly a delight. She is so excited to discover the world around her, and last week she shared her enthusiasm with a bunch of visitors.
Moira's cousins from Phoenix came to visit, and my aunts from St. Louis and Virginia came in to see everyone too. We had a busy few days, but everyone had a great time. Moira had the chance to show her family all around her Grandma's house, the Children's Museum, and Traders Point Creamery. Moira couldn't get enough of all the visitors--and they couldn't get enough of her either. I think spending a few days with all of our family helped her to learn fun new tricks--like pulling up and cruising along furniture and dancing to songs like "Tooti Ta" (thank you Aunt Jean)!




Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 29.5 in.
Head: 18 in.
By themselves, they don't mean much, so here's my interpretation: She's almost tripled her weight since she was born, she's 9 inches longer, and I don't know how much bigger her head is, but it's a LOT bigger too. Because we as a society like to compare (a little too much for my taste at times, but I also can't deny that I like knowing the details), I can also tell you that she's in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th for height. Yes, you read that correctly--95th percentile for height! (Every time I say it I chuckle. I know Alan's tall, but I'm pretty sure I was never in that kind of percentile for my height!).
Moira is truly a delight. She is so excited to discover the world around her, and last week she shared her enthusiasm with a bunch of visitors.
Moira's cousins from Phoenix came to visit, and my aunts from St. Louis and Virginia came in to see everyone too. We had a busy few days, but everyone had a great time. Moira had the chance to show her family all around her Grandma's house, the Children's Museum, and Traders Point Creamery. Moira couldn't get enough of all the visitors--and they couldn't get enough of her either. I think spending a few days with all of our family helped her to learn fun new tricks--like pulling up and cruising along furniture and dancing to songs like "Tooti Ta" (thank you Aunt Jean)!
Comments