Milestones...
I think I mentioned last time I wrote that I'm amazed at how much Moira is changing. Remember? Well, she's grown by leaps and bounds in the last couple of weeks. It's crazy. Alan says she's like a totally different baby. So, here's what she's been doing.
Social Butterfly
Seriously, she has never met a stranger and gives everyone a huge smile seconds after she makes eye contact with them. I keep waiting for "stranger anxiety" to set in, but so far there's absolutely no sign of it. She went to a playdate in Cincinnati with Miss Ruby had a great time. She went on festival rides with her mom and dad. And at my mom's retirement party, not only was she all smiles, but she would also clap every time the red eye light on our camera lit up. She is too cute (I know, I'm biased.)



Creeping and Crawling
Okay, so I've admitted to a few that we have really been working hard to get Moira to crawl. My doctor gave me a goal--by 9 months, she needed to be mobile. Well, Moira has NOT been that mobile. Anyone who has older children tried to tell me to enjoy it, so I gave it my best effort. They said that I needed to enjoy Moira just sitting up and not really being able to go anywhere, but secretly, the overachiever in me really wanted my daughter to crawl.
She is somewhat stubborn, but the good news is that a couple of weeks ago, she started to roll, and now she's starting to crawl. And she turned 9 months yesterday! I guess that means that she might be a procrastinator (she comes by that honestly!). I've got a video of her attempt below. Again, what is so ridiculously cute is that she starts to crawl, then stops and claps for herself!
Swimming
I really love to swim, and I definitely want to make sure Moira learns how to swim early on in her life. So, we took her to the pool we used to go to when I was a little girl, and we gave it a shot. She was pretty good about being in the water with me, but she definitely found the little water park WAY more fun. Hopefully, we'll go to the pool a few more times this summer!
Even though she's not quite sure about the "deep" water, one thing is for sure: She loves her bath time. Check out the short video at the end of Moira in the bath--she is too funny when she kicks her feet and splashes everywhere!
Dancing
I think I've mentioned before that Moira loves to hear Alan play guitar. Well, we've found that she likes listening to lots of other kinds of music. So, for the last couple of weeks, we've been having dance parties...seriously. Moira sits in her highchair and wiggles around while I dance and sing to her (and try to get her to eat some food at the same time). Trust me, it's quite a sight to see, but she is definitely dancing. I'm sure we'll capture it on video soon.
Social Butterfly
Seriously, she has never met a stranger and gives everyone a huge smile seconds after she makes eye contact with them. I keep waiting for "stranger anxiety" to set in, but so far there's absolutely no sign of it. She went to a playdate in Cincinnati with Miss Ruby had a great time. She went on festival rides with her mom and dad. And at my mom's retirement party, not only was she all smiles, but she would also clap every time the red eye light on our camera lit up. She is too cute (I know, I'm biased.)
Creeping and Crawling
Okay, so I've admitted to a few that we have really been working hard to get Moira to crawl. My doctor gave me a goal--by 9 months, she needed to be mobile. Well, Moira has NOT been that mobile. Anyone who has older children tried to tell me to enjoy it, so I gave it my best effort. They said that I needed to enjoy Moira just sitting up and not really being able to go anywhere, but secretly, the overachiever in me really wanted my daughter to crawl.
She is somewhat stubborn, but the good news is that a couple of weeks ago, she started to roll, and now she's starting to crawl. And she turned 9 months yesterday! I guess that means that she might be a procrastinator (she comes by that honestly!). I've got a video of her attempt below. Again, what is so ridiculously cute is that she starts to crawl, then stops and claps for herself!
Swimming
I really love to swim, and I definitely want to make sure Moira learns how to swim early on in her life. So, we took her to the pool we used to go to when I was a little girl, and we gave it a shot. She was pretty good about being in the water with me, but she definitely found the little water park WAY more fun. Hopefully, we'll go to the pool a few more times this summer!
Dancing
I think I've mentioned before that Moira loves to hear Alan play guitar. Well, we've found that she likes listening to lots of other kinds of music. So, for the last couple of weeks, we've been having dance parties...seriously. Moira sits in her highchair and wiggles around while I dance and sing to her (and try to get her to eat some food at the same time). Trust me, it's quite a sight to see, but she is definitely dancing. I'm sure we'll capture it on video soon.
Comments