Uncle Gavin has come and gone :(

Uncle Gav arrived in Indy a couple of weeks ago and left this morning with Alan to explore the canyons of Utah (Bryce and Zion) for a few days before meeting up with their brother Scott in L.A.

I can't believe how fast his visit went. I know how much Alan enjoyed having his brother here...it's hard for him to have all of his family so far away. After getting off to a bit of a rocky start due to Moira's accident (it happened an hour before Gavin arrived, so Alan pretty much abandoned him at our house and went back to the emergency room), Moira, Alan, and I showed Gavin the parts of Indy that we really enjoy. I think some of the highlights for Gavin included going to a baseball game, re-visiting the Rathskeller, hanging out with Alan's band and seeing some live music, and taking a trip to the caves in southern Indiana. He was also a very good sport and spent a couple of afternoons with my family as well.

Being a true Mackintosh, he spent the entire visit taking photos of interesting landscapes, statues, and anything that wasn't a person (Moira was the only exception). Consequently, we didn't have even one photo of Gav and the baby together. So, I had to convince him to be in a photo right before he left!


All in all, it was a great time, and we definitely wish he lived closer (but we would NOT wish that on his mother, who already has two sons in the U.S.). We hope we'll have more visitors from the U.K. (and maybe the West Coast) soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!