Phoenix

After a fantastic weekend in New York at Lauren's wedding (and only three days home in Indy), Moira and I left Alan at home and traveled with my mom and dad to visit the Lukens in Phoenix. I was a little concerned that we would be traveling so much in such a short span of time, but Moira proved once again to be a great traveler.

We arrived bright and early in Phoenix, and her cousins were thrilled to meet her for the first time. Both Clare and Emma couldn't get enough of Moira. From the moment we arrived, they continuously wanted to hold, play, tickle, dance (see the video below), and laugh with Moira. They were like little mother hens and too cute around her. Poor Joe didn't know what to make of all the attention bestowed on his younger cousin! Oh, and Jack...well, he didn't fawn over Moira quite as much as the girls, but he definitely knew how to make her laugh (and you can see the video at the bottom where he does just that).


It was Moira's first time in the pool...she was a little uncertain, but my brother did a good job of trying to make her feel a little more comfortable. I think the water was a little too chilly for her...I know, you're wondering how water can be cold in Phoenix, right? Well, apparently even Phoenix can have stormy weather, and they'd had a week of rain prior to our arrival. Even though every day was in the 90s, the water was definitely cold.


Dad did a good job of keeping the boys entertained in the pool. Joe and Jack are getting so big so fast--it's crazy! We had a really nice Memorial Day barbecue with some of David and Marianne's friends and kids, and I particularly enjoyed watching my brother engage in a fairly intense water gun fight with all the girls...even Clare got in on the action and tried to soak her Daddy! It was too cute.

We had a nice time at the park on the last day of our trip, and we desperately tried to get all the cousins in one picture...this was the best shot we managed to get of all of them together. I'm sure there will be many more come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Moments

To Hannah, With Love

Time flies!