Moira's accident
This is probably the only time I won't be including a picture of Moira. Everyone told me I should take a picture, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
We think everything is okay now, but last week she took a tumble off the front steps in her stroller as I was getting ready to take her for a walk. I was backing her stroller down the front steps (like I had done a hundred times before) and somehow I lost control. She was strapped into the stroller, and she landed hard right on her nose. It was the worst moment of my life to date because even though it was an accident, it was all my fault.
An emergency room visit and two ENT specialists later, and the verdict is that although she had some serious swelling and bruising, they don't think she needs a "correction" to her nose. She may have a hairline fracture, but it will heal by itself. We feel very lucky.
And Moira has been such a trooper through it all. She was smiling despite all the swelling even in the emergency room. And this week she's doing all sorts of new fun things. She's figured out how to pick up little puffs with her "pincer grasp," so we'll be on to more solid foods soon. She's as strong as an ox (even though she's still not crawling) and she's starting to refuse to sit down in her high chair and other places, which is a bit of a challenge. She is definitely stubborn! She says "dadadadada" all the time, and she now gets upset when we leave her line of sight. After her bath, she refuses to lay down to get her diaper on; instead she wants to sit up and play with her the wipes, diapers, creams, etc. And the list could go on and on. These examples may seem relatively insignificant, but I know that they are the things that we will eventually forget about...and I don't want to because seeing her personality emerge really does bring us such joy!
Okay, we'll update again soon. Alan's brother (Uncle Gavin) is visiting us from London, so I'm sure we'll have more stories to tell soon!
We think everything is okay now, but last week she took a tumble off the front steps in her stroller as I was getting ready to take her for a walk. I was backing her stroller down the front steps (like I had done a hundred times before) and somehow I lost control. She was strapped into the stroller, and she landed hard right on her nose. It was the worst moment of my life to date because even though it was an accident, it was all my fault.
An emergency room visit and two ENT specialists later, and the verdict is that although she had some serious swelling and bruising, they don't think she needs a "correction" to her nose. She may have a hairline fracture, but it will heal by itself. We feel very lucky.
And Moira has been such a trooper through it all. She was smiling despite all the swelling even in the emergency room. And this week she's doing all sorts of new fun things. She's figured out how to pick up little puffs with her "pincer grasp," so we'll be on to more solid foods soon. She's as strong as an ox (even though she's still not crawling) and she's starting to refuse to sit down in her high chair and other places, which is a bit of a challenge. She is definitely stubborn! She says "dadadadada" all the time, and she now gets upset when we leave her line of sight. After her bath, she refuses to lay down to get her diaper on; instead she wants to sit up and play with her the wipes, diapers, creams, etc. And the list could go on and on. These examples may seem relatively insignificant, but I know that they are the things that we will eventually forget about...and I don't want to because seeing her personality emerge really does bring us such joy!
Okay, we'll update again soon. Alan's brother (Uncle Gavin) is visiting us from London, so I'm sure we'll have more stories to tell soon!
Comments