We made it to Devon!
For the first time in a long time, our flight to the U.K. went very smoothly (which I am oh-so-thankful for given that we had Moira along this time as well)! Moira slept almost the entire way on the international flight, not in the bassinet but on me. On the one hand it was so nice to cuddle with her, but on the other hand, I couldn't get up at all which wasn't very convenient! Nonetheless, we felt that she was a fabulous little traveler. Alan's dad was kind enough to pick us up at busy Heathrow, and we were in Devon by 2pm on Thursday afternoon! First thing we did was pop out to the garden to have a look around.

Yesterday, we took her to see the lovely seaside town of Teignmouth. The weather here is not bad (so far)--in the 60s or so but a bit breezy on the coast! It was nice to take a long walk, though, and Moira enjoyed the fresh seaside air so much that by the end she fell asleep! When we returned home, Lynne made us a fantastic roast dinner complete with Yorkshire puddings and parsnips. Moira went to bed really easily last night (the first night was a bit of a nightmare), and I'm really grateful for that because I was pretty tired myself.


After Uncle Gavin and Alan babysat Moira in the morning, we took her to meet Nan (Alan's grandmother on his dad's side). I suppose I should have known that she would be great with a little baby (she has so many grandchildren and great-grandchildren of her own), but I have to admit I was so amazed at how she charmed Moira right from the start. You can see for yourself in the video below.
Yesterday, we took her to see the lovely seaside town of Teignmouth. The weather here is not bad (so far)--in the 60s or so but a bit breezy on the coast! It was nice to take a long walk, though, and Moira enjoyed the fresh seaside air so much that by the end she fell asleep! When we returned home, Lynne made us a fantastic roast dinner complete with Yorkshire puddings and parsnips. Moira went to bed really easily last night (the first night was a bit of a nightmare), and I'm really grateful for that because I was pretty tired myself.
After Uncle Gavin and Alan babysat Moira in the morning, we took her to meet Nan (Alan's grandmother on his dad's side). I suppose I should have known that she would be great with a little baby (she has so many grandchildren and great-grandchildren of her own), but I have to admit I was so amazed at how she charmed Moira right from the start. You can see for yourself in the video below.
Comments