Less than 3 weeks to go before Baby 'Tosh arrives!
One of the things I have wanted to do for a long time is get a blog set up so that our friends and family can follow our experience of having our first baby. I wish I would have gotten it up and running sooner, but things get busy!
It's hard to believe that my due date (October 14) is less than 3 weeks away! We've been getting lots of questions about how I'm feeling, what's the baby's name, how's the nursery, etc.
We're both pretty excited at this point. On the whole, I'm feeling pretty good. People say they can become pretty miserable the last couple weeks of pregnancy, but I haven't had too many aches and pains. My only complaint is that I can only squeeze my little swollen feet into two pairs of shoes! Baby 'Tosh (we decided this sounds more feminine than Baby Mack) moves all the time, and she especially likes it when I can convince Alan to play a little bit of guitar and sing to her or read to her.
We don't have a name yet. We have 4 finalists...which we're not sharing because I'm too easily influenced by all the people I love. But we're sure you'll love her name whatever it ends up being (and if not then I'm sure you'll do a great job of pretending!)
Alan, my sister Kate, my brother-in-law Scott, and I (to a lesser extent) have worked pretty hard on the baby's nursery room. We've still got some finishing touches to make, but we're thrilled that we finally have our furniture (for all those people who plan to buy new baby furniture--you have to order at least 5 months in advance of your due date to ensure you have furniture when you need it!).
We've been fortunate enough to have three different baby showers, and all of them were equally special. Thanks to everyone for all your generosity. We don't think Baby 'Tosh will want for much of anything at all.
Other than getting ready for Baby to arrive, Alan and I have been doing our best to enjoy the last few months of having no children around. My job is good and so is his, and he's still playing at local venues with his band, King Deuce, on occasion. We've made it to a couple of movies, a couple of Colts games, and a few nice evenings out walking by the canal in Indy. We were really lucky because this summer was beautiful and not too oppressively hot!
But I think at this stage both of us are okay with being at home more and having this baby (good thing since she's arriving soon!). The only big thing I don't want to change is traveling, so we're still planning to make a trip to the U.K. in June.
Comments